At the moment, most laptops and desktop computers come with Windows 10 already installed and activated. Microsoft has said that Windows 10 is the last version of Windows 10 they will make, and there will be no updates soon. So, if you want to upgrade, now is a good time to get Windows 10 for your device and use easy ways to activate Windows 10.
Some people have built their PCs with a graphics card and processor and want to switch to Windows 10 because it runs better. Installation isn’t too hard. Most users get stuck when they try to figure out how to turn on Windows 10. This can be hard, and it’s the last and most important step to getting Windows 10 updated.
Also, if you search for “Windows 10 activators,” you will find a variety of tools. But you can’t tell from looking at them if they are real or not. You need to be careful before installing any of these Windows 10 activators.
Several ways claim to let you activate Windows 10 for free, but do they work? This is what we’ll find out in this guide, which tells you about 4 ways that have worked well to activate Windows.
Method 1: Use the product key to activate Windows 10.
If you bought Windows 10, you can just use the product key to turn it on, as explained below.
The product key is usually a 25-character code that looks like this:
Where to Find the Product Key
- The product key can printed on the Certificate of Authenticity or the packaging (COA).
- If you bought your copy of Windows 10 from an authorized seller, you can look in the box it came in for the product key.
- If you bought the product from Microsoft’s online store, you can look at your order history to find the Windows 10 home product key.
- Even the Windows 10 product key can be found for free.
Once you’ve found the product key, you can use it to activate Windows 10 by doing the following:
- Click the “Start” button on the taskbar and then click “Computer” from the menu that comes up.
- Right-click and choose Properties from the menu
- Scroll down and click “Activate Windows online.”
- To start activating Windows, enter the product key and press Next.
Method 2: Use CMD to turn on Windows 10. (Without Key)
If you want to use Windows 10 but don’t have a product key, this is the way to do it.
The Windows Business Edition
With CMD, activating Windows 10 for free is easier and less stressful, and you don’t even need a third-party activation tool or an activation key. Follow the steps below to start the activation process:
- When you press Windows + R on your keyboard, the Run box will appear. There, type cmd and press the Ctrl, Shift, and Enter keys together to open and run Windows Command Prompt as administrator.
- After the Prompt window opens, copy and paste this command: slmgr.VBS /upk into the Prompt window and press Enter to run the command.
- Next, copy and paste the following command, slmgr /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43, and press Enter.
- Type the command slmgr /skms zh.us.to and hit Enter.
- Last but not least, to activate Windows 10 for free with CMD, copy and paste slmgr /to and hit Enter.
Windows 10 Pro
Here are the steps to use the Windows 10 Pro Activator to turn on Windows:
1>Type “cmd” into the Start menu, right-click on “Command Prompt,” and then choose “Run as administrator.”
2>Copy the given command line and paste it into the Prompt window. Then press the Enter key.
slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J
If you have other Windows 10 Pro keys, you can also use them in the command line. Just type the key after slmgr /up.
3>Type the commands and hit Enter at the end of each line.
slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
Method 3: Use the KMS Client Key to turn on Windows 10.
For this method, you must open Command Prompt as an administrator. Here are the steps to take:
1>Find “cmd” in the Start menu and run it as administrator.
2>The next step is to install the KMS client key by typing “slmgr /ipk your licence key,” where your licence key is the one for your version of Windows.
The list of Windows 10 Volume licence keys is below:
Home N: 3KHY7-WNT83-DGQKR-F7HPR-844BM
Single Language: 7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH
Specific to a Country: PVMJN-6DFY6-9CCP6-7BKTT-D3WVR
The official code is W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX.
Professional Number: MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9
Enterprise N: NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2
Education Number: 2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ
Enterprise N: DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4
Press Enter to do all of these commands.
To turn on Windows 10, type in the
Windows 10 is now running.
To connect to the KMS server, the next step is to set the KMS machine address with the command “slmgr /skms kms8.msguides.com.”
Use the command “slmgr /skms kms8.msguides.com” to turn on Windows 10.
The command “slmgr /skms kms8.msguides.com” is used to turn on Windows 10.
Now, you can use the command “slmgr /ato” to activate Windows and see if it is still activated.
Method 4: Use a digital licence to activate Windows 10.
With a digital licence, you can link your Windows 10 licence key to your Microsoft account, which makes activating Windows 10 easier. Make sure your account is linked before you start the activation process. Go to Settings, click on “Update and Security,” and then click on “Activation” to see if this is true. After that, look for “Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft Account” in the Windows activation section.
1>Choose “I don’t have a product key” when asked to activate. This will start the process of activation.
2>Set up and sign in to Windows 10 with the Microsoft account that goes with your digital licence for Windows 10. This step should be enough to activate Windows, but if you’ve changed any of the hardware, you’ll need to keep going.
3>Press the Windows key, then go to “Settings,” click on “Update and Security,” and then choose “Activation.”
4>Press the “Troubleshoot” button if Windows hasn’t started up.
5>You’ll see a new window where you need to click on “Activate Windows” and then “Activate.” You can also choose “I recently changed the hardware on this device” if you have done so.
6>Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the account information for the Microsoft account that is linked to the digital licence.
7>Find your computer in the list of devices, check the box that says “This is the device I’m using right now,” and click “Activate.”
After this, your Windows 10 copy will be turned on by your digital licence. If it still doesn’t work, here is more information about the Activation troubleshooter.
Check to see if Windows 10 is activated.
Once you’ve used any of the above methods to activate Windows 10, the next important step is to check the activation status. Here’s what you need to do:
Click the “Start” button, go to “Settings and Updates,” and then click “Security.” After that, click on “Activation,” and you’ll see the status of the activation next to “Activation.”
Here is a list of Windows 10 activation statuses that you might see:
- If you see this, it means that Windows has been turned on, but your Microsoft account is not linked. You can link your Microsoft account by following the instructions.
- Windows is activated with a digital licence. This message means that Windows is running, that your Microsoft account is not linked to your digital licence, and that you can follow the instructions to link your Microsoft account.
- If you see this message, Windows is already activated and your Microsoft account is already linked to your digital licence.
If this message shows up, it means that Windows is not activated, and an error message will appear. If the activation didn’t work, you may have to buy Windows 10 to get it to work.